Saint Lucy with her eyes on a plate
One of many Christian saints reputedly martyred by the emperor Diocletian – Saint Lucy is the patron saint of the blind. Appropriately, as she either had her eyes gouged out by a Roman soldier or tore out her own eyes (no, really!) according to whichever source you read. This is a depiction of her in ‘azulejos‘ (Portuguese tiles) in a church in the town of Obidos.
About Templar KnightQuest for the True Cross - the incredible journey of Sir William de Mandeville, Templar knight, to discover the most holy of relics - can now be downloaded on Kindle, Apple, Barnes & Noble, Sony and Diesel. Learn about his quest here and about all things Templar related from history facts to esoteric titbits.
Quest for the True Cross – by Tony McMahon. Buy it now on i-Tunes
- 99,004 hits
- Photo: Templars put on trial in the Tower of London English: Burning of Templars. (British Library, Royal... tmblr.co/ZqfH-vlgVB6u 1 day ago
- Templars put on trial in the Tower of London wp.me/p154zM-WF 1 day ago
- My visit to medieval Florence in 2007 - a photo gallery - Inside the Bargello Inside the Bargello The city... tmblr.co/ZqfH-vlK_GN7 5 days ago
- My visit to medieval Florence in 2007 - a photo gallery wp.me/p154zM-Wt 5 days ago
- Photo: A Templar’s Guide to Dan Brown’s Inferno First page of an early printed edition of Dante’s Divine... tmblr.co/ZqfH-vlKy-WA 5 days ago