Tony McMahon – making history popular on TV!
Here I am on Yesterday TV talking about those rumours that Adolf Hitler only had one properly descended testicle!
Tony McMahon appears regularly on Discovery, History, UKTV, ITV and other TV channels commenting on the history of UFO sightings; mysteries of the Knights Templar; royal scandals and murders as well as the Dead Sea Scrolls, Nazi art theft and the historical Jesus. Full details below.
2019 will see appearances on Discovery’s Strange Evidence, American Unearthed and NASA’S Unexplained Files. The man with the beard has also featured on UKTV’s new series Private Lives. Appropriately, given the beard, he recently popped up on ITV dressed as Henry VIII.
If you would like a man with a luxuriant beard making history popular and fun on your TV programme – then read on!
Contact for broadcast: email@example.com
Professional website: https://beardyhistory.com/
STOP PRESS: Filming with Rob Riggle – formerly of The Daily Show – this month on a great historical project – under wraps for now!!
Strange Evidence – Discovery Science
- Filmed November, 2018. Several episodes covering the secret of El Dorado, UFO sightings and strange sightings during the Japanese tsunami. Will broadcast in the United States in 2019
America Unearthed – Discovery Travel
- Filmed January, 2019 with presenter Scott Wolter on location in Scotland. Episode on the Knights Templar. Will broadcast in July 2019
NASA Unexplained Files – Discovery Science
- Filmed February, 2019. Several episodes. Will broadcast later in 2019
Forbidden History – UKTV/Yesterday TV and other channels globally – presented by Jamie Theakston.
Filming in September 2019 for series six of Forbidden History.
Tony McMahon appeared in the following episodes of series five last year:
- First broadcast 2018: Series five. Episode One. Uncovering the Historical Jesus
- First broadcast 2018: Series five. Episode Two. The Stasi – Behind the Berlin Wall
- First broadcast 2018: Series five. Episode Three. The Nazi Treasure Quest
- First broadcast 2018: Series five. Episode Four. The Real James Bond
- First broadcast 2018: Series five. Episode Five. The Dead Sea Scrolls Conspiracy
- First broadcast 2017: Series four. Episode Four. The Dark Truths of the Templars
Buried – History channel – presented by Mikey Kay and Garth Baldwin. A documentary series on the Knights Templar to accompany History’s Templar ten-part drama Knightfall:
- First broadcast in the United States 2017 (UK 2018): Series one. Episode Four. Land of Secrets (the Templars in Portugal)
The Big Audition – ITV – a prime-time ITV 1 series where contestants vie for a very interesting job.
- Broadcast on ITV on 5 October, 2018 at 21:00 to a prime-time audience. I was in full costume as King Henry VIII. The show was reviewed with my image in national media including The Sun newspaper.
Private Lives of the Monarchs – UKTV/Yesterday TV and other channels globally – presented by Tracy Borman, curator of the Royal Palaces. Tony McMahon appeared in the following episodes:
- First broadcast 2017: Series Two. Episode One. Queen Victoria
- First broadcast 2017: Series Two. Episode Two. George III and the Prince Regent
- First broadcast 2017: Series Two. Episode Three. Louis XIV
- First broadcast 2017: Series Two. Episode Four. Charles II
- First broadcast 2017: Series Two. Episode Five. Henry VIII
Private Lives – UKTV/Yesterday TV and other channels globally – presented by Tracy Borman. Tony McMahon appears in the following episodes, first half of 2019:
- Series Three. Broadcast March, 2019. Princess Margaret
- Series Three. Broadcast March 2019. Edward VIII and Mrs Simpson
- Series Three. Broadcast March 2019. Adolf Hitler and the Nazis
- Series Three. Broadcast March 2019. Napoleon
- Series Three. Broadcast April 2019. Peter the Great
- Series Three. Broadcast April 2019. Al Capone
Four Rooms – Channel 4 – presented by Sarah Beeny
- First broadcast December 2017: Series three. Episode 1
Dressed as Henry VIII on ITV in October 2018 – very much a tongue in cheek TV appearance as I walked in full costume through west London
In March 2019, talking about the scandals around Princess Margaret – sister of Queen Elizabeth II and featured in the Netflix series, The Crown
Why did the notorious English king Henry VIII have no friends later in life?
Same TV series – but a different monarch. Victoria and Abdul – the real story of Queen Victoria’s relationship with her Indian servant and his introduction of curry to the royal court.
On Forbidden History presented by Jamie Theakston. We discuss the mysteries of the Knights Templar at my house in London for an episode broadcast in the spring of 2017. I appeared in every episode of Forbidden History in 2018 discussing topics as varied as the historical Jesus, the East German Stasi secret police and the real James Bond.
Filming with the History channel in Portugal in the summer of 2017 for the Knight Templar documentary series Buried (broadcast in the US in 2017 and the UK in 2018) made to complement the multi-million dollar drama series Knightfall.
Appearing on ITV’s The Big Audition in October 2018 dressed as Henry VIII – press photo that appeared in The Sun newspaper.
And the Daily Mail covers The Big Audition with a lovely photo of me in the middle!